Tuesday, January 6, 2009

work after maternity leave

Today was a busy day for myself and Nicholas. Nicholas had his 2 month doctor appointment. It went very well. He now weighs 11 lbs 5 oz and is 22 1/2" long. His doctor was very pleased with his progress. We decided to call Early Intervention to get him evaluated. I have a few concerns and the doctor agrees with me. He was on a CPAP machine at birth and then 4 weeks later was intebated for 8 days so her and I want to make sure everything is developing on time.

As for me, I started work again after being off for 10 weeks. I started late around 12:30 because of the DR's apointment. I have to admit, it felt like I hadn't even been gone. Some of the kids who are 3 years old by the way; decided to try to test me but that is normal. Overall it was a great day.

Nicholas is with my mom for when I am at work and that puts my mind at ease!

2 comments:

Lori said...

did you change the format of your blog? it seems as if it did effect the layout. your post is cutting off words and your scrapbook flair button is wrong too... hmmmm

hope EI can help you help Nicholas

Pam said...

I'm glad the first day back went well and I am glad that the doctor appointments went well too. I hope EI helps and givs you the support you need to keep N on track. Good luck with the rest of the week!