Wednesday, October 29, 2008

birth, recovery, NICU

Thank you everyone for your wonderful thoughts, prayers and comments. My little guy was born on Monday at 9:35am. He had a difficult time breathing at first but quickly became stable. I still have not gotten to hold him but that is because I had a c section. He is in the NICU doing pretty good. He needs some medication to keep is blood pressure up and some wires to help get some of the junk out of his lungs, and tummy. He is also on a breathing machine just to help his lungs get a little stronger. Here are a few pictures of Nicholas! We weighed 7lbs 4oz and was 17.5" long, even thought I think he is longer than that.

I am trying to get some pictures up but it is not working right now. I will try again later.

2 comments:

Lori said...

glad things are smoothing out for Nicholas. Hope you get to hold him soon

Pam said...

glad that things went better then expected! I'm glad to hear he is getting stronger and stronger!