Wednesday, April 2, 2008

colds

Colds are not fun at any age; but for young children it can be a nightmare. The other night we gave Sonia some night time cough and cold medicine to help her sleep. Well for the first hour or so, she was coughing and crying for mommy. I went in and comforted her then she tried to go back to sleep. Now, we did put a pillow under her mattress to have it on an angle but it did not seem to help. She started coughing again really hard and then of course you know what happened next; she coughed so hard she made herself throw up! I hate vomit so Rich had to come in a clean it up, thank goodness because I could not stomach it.

Sonia then came in to our bed and watched some TV. She was with us for about 45 mins and no coughing so I said OK time for your bed now and she slept the entire night!
Thank Goodness!!!

2 comments:

Lori said...

sorry she isn't feeling well... hope it passes quickly so you can all get some much needed sleep

Pam said...

I'm with you on the colds! I wish the germy winter weather would leave here and some warmer weather would come. Thanks for the kind words you left on my blog today. Hope your little one is feeling better too!