Sunday, March 9, 2008

Those Toddler Beds


well, since moving to our new apartment we transformed Sonia's crib into the toddler bed. We have been here for a few weeks now and she has taken to the bed very well. Last night around 2:30am; I heard a bang and then Sonia started crying alot! I went in and she was crying and she hit her head on the backboard of her bed you will see in the picture I attached. I comforted her for a few mintues and then put her back to bed. WELL, when she woke up this morning she did not have an egg on her head but a BLACK EYE. She must have hit her head on the metal side rails. So today I am going to babysrus or toysrus and looking for a mesh side rail for her bed!!!

Poor Sonia

4 comments:

Lori said...

OUCH! hope you can find something to add a bit of padding to her bed

Pam said...

OWWW! Poor girl! Glad she is okay (minus the black eye!) and I hope you found something that will work well!

When we moved my daughter to a bed- she has just a mattress on the floor for a LONG time. It was easy for her to get in and out of and I didn't worry about her falling out of bed. Maybe that sounds weird, but it worked for us!

Lori said...

check out my blog... I tagged you!

Jen said...

That's exactly what happened with us! We even ended up putting a mat down just in case she fell too! I see you did in the picture. Maya's now in a twin bed but I have a net thingy on one side and the wall on the other!